Website Medical Data Systems
proven. trusted. innovative.
Positions available in the following locations
• Gadsden, AL
• Melbourne, FL
• Sebring, FL
General Purpose of Job:
A Medical Collector will contact patients by telephone regarding their accounts and is responsible for ensuring collection of past due balances. Answers patient account questions and assists in setting up alternative pay plan when necessary. Maintain patient account records and may settle third party payer issues.
The ideal candidate for this position will be;
• Self motivated with strong communication skills.
• Have a strong work ethic and a strong desire to achieve individual and team goals.
• Able to complete the FDCPA training and pass
• Logical and able to evaluate an account for possible issues
• Comfortable & Confident in asking people to pay their balances over the telephone.
• Follow all applicable federal and state laws.
• Be punctual
• Demonstrate flexibility when changes are announced
• Minimum of 2 years of call center collection experience.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Experience and knowledge of medical collections is a plus
• Able to pass a background check.
Ability to read and interpret instructional materials such as policy guides, and
Rules. Clear speaking voice & strong communication skills required including listening skills. Bilingual is a plus.
Comfortable working with computers. Experience and Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited information and facts are available
MDS provides a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefit package:
• Base pay plus the opportunity to earn unlimited commissions
• Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• 401(k) plan with MDS matching 50% up to 6%
• Paid Vacation and Paid time off (PTO)
• Paid holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Life Insurance
• Healthcare Flexible Spending account(FSA)
• Life Insurance