Website Medical Data Systems
proven. trusted. innovative.
Positions available in the following locations
• Melbourne, FL
• Sebring, FL
General Purpose of Job:
An Insurance Representative has the primary responsibility for telephone follow-up on previously billed hospital/physician claims and request billing of new insurance. You must be detail oriented and able to work in a fast-paced collection agency environment.
The ideal candidate for this position will be;
• Self motivated with strong communication skills.
• Have a strong work ethic and a strong desire to achieve individual and team goals.
• Knowledge of medical billing and collection practices
• Knowledge of business office procedures
• Knowledge of medical coding (ICD-9, ICD-10, HCPCS & CPT-4)
• Logical and able to evaluate an account for possible issues
• Comfortable & Confident in asking people to pay their balances over the telephone.
• Follow all applicable federal and state laws.
• Be punctual
• Professional demeanor
• 1 -4 years’ experience in healthcare setting
• Be able to process accounts in a “queue” type fashion separated by facility.
• Review and navigate to client’s HOST system to update information and extract data.
• Must maintain strictest confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA regulations
• High school diploma or GED or college preferred
• Able to pass a background check.
Ability to read and interpret instructional materials such as policy guides, and
Rules. Clear speaking voice & strong communication skills required including listening skills. Bilingual is a plus.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited information and facts are available
MDS provides a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefit package:
• Base pay plus the opportunity to earn unlimited commissions
• Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• 401(k) plan with MDS matching 50% up to 6%
• Paid Vacation and Paid time off (PTO)
• Paid holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Life Insurance
• Healthcare Flexible Spending account(FSA)
• Life Insurance